Fairy Queen Luxury Train
Laced with a glorious History
Fairy Queen is the oldest luxury trains in the world. The train also holds a prized place in the Guinness Book of World Records. It is also awarded with the National Tourism Award. The train is traditionally adorned in a royal style offering exciting tour of two days. It covers the wonderful destinations of Delhi, Alwar and the famous Sariska Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan. The train also boasts of being the first exhibit of the National Rail Museum. The train remains in operation from October to March. The journey takes place at every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the week. It offers a wonderful opportunity to its passengers to explore the wilderness in a royal style. Adorn your journey with golden memories of the captivating sights in Rajasthan.
The history of Fairy Queen dates back to the year 1855. The service of the train terminated in the year 1908. After a long time, the train again commenced its service, after 142 years, in 1997. At present the train is not in operation.
The itinerary of Fairy Queen Train encompasses some of the famous destinations of India. The train offers 1 Night/2 Days tour. On your tour on this train you visit the enchanting city of Alwar, treat your senses with the architectural beauty of Delhi monuments and feel the wilderness of Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary in Rajasthan. The train begins its journey from Delhi Cantonment Railway station on every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the months of October to March.
Day 01 - Saturday
- 1000 hrs. Train starts its journey from Delhi Cantonment Station
- 1030 hrs. Enjoy Snacks on Board
- 1300 hrs. Gorge on delicious Lunch on Board
- 1500 hrs. Feel light with light refreshments on Board
- 1600 hrs. Arrive at Alwar Railway Station
- 1620 hrs. Leave Alwar by an Air-conditioned coach
- 1730 hrs. Arrival at Hotel Tiger Den
- 1930 hrs. Enjoy Cultural Programs, Theme dinner/Night Stay at Hotel
Day 02 - Sunday
- 0630 hrs. Explore Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary by Jeep Safari
- 0930 hrs. Post safari, breakfast at Tiger Den Hotel
- 1200 hrs. Leave Sariska by an Air-conditioned coach
- 1245 hrs. Reach Alwar Railway Station
- 1300 hrs. Departure from Alwar
- 1330 hrs. Lunch on Board
- 1600 hrs. Light refreshments on Board
- 1845 hrs. End of the journey at as Fairy Queen arrives at Delhi Cantonment Station.
The train used to initiate its journey from Delhi Cantonment Railway station. The journey used to take place on every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the months, from October to March. For renovation and maintenance work, the train used to be non-operational in rest of the months.
Facilities and Services
The Fairy Queen has an accommodation capacity of 50 passengers. With its especially designed air-conditioned chair cars, it offers comfortable accommodation. The coach also comprises a large glass window from where passengers can have an amazing view of the Locomotive.
You will find a well-maintained pantry car for on board catering.
The train also encompasses a wonderful lounge offering spectacular views of the countryside.
For passengers, cultural programmes are organized in the evening of the first day at Hotel Sariska Palace. The privileged passengers of the train can also enjoy jeep safari to explore the wildlife sanctuary and to track the tigers.
During your momentous ride on the Fairy Queen, several cultural programs are especially organized to increase the pleasure of your journey. The cultural attractions of the Fairy Queen luxury train journey include traditional welcome in Rajasthani style at Alwar, Cultural evening at Lake Palace and Cultural programme at Sariska.
These vibrant performances of the traditional folk dances of Rajasthan will never fail to enthral your during your travel with this train.