Do's and Don'ts
- You should always carry your passport with you, but do keep it safely.
- If you find yourself in any legal hassle, immediately contact your Embassy.
- Be careful with your luggage, always keep it with you.
- It is highly advisable to carry a waterproof laminated card mentioning your details – name, address, blood group or any medical information.
- Keep your cash safely and avoid carrying too much cash.
- If you find anything shady you can straight away report to the police
- Carry maps of the places you have planned to visit
- At the airport contact the travel help desk for any advice rather than asking the people around
- Hire licensed guides for sightseeing
- Take off your shoes while entering any holy place
- Don't trust strangers with cash
- Indian English has its own accent, so don't be surprised at the ascent.
- Don't entertain beggars
- Women travelling alone should avoid going out of her hotel at odd hours
- Always cross check your bill before leaving the hotel
- Avoid driving after taking hard drink
- Avoid driving on Indian roads if you are not trained in it.
- Avoid eating food from roadside as it might cause stomach disorder
- Always avoid getting into strong arguments